Position: Security Systems Design & Installation Technician (Orlando, Florida)
The Security Systems Design & Installation Technician provides direction and support to the Sales, Estimating, and Operations. This Security Systems Design & Installation Technician also assists in the migration to integrated low voltage turn-key solutions. This position provides direction and key contacts within the trade industries in order to establish key business partnerships with manufacturers and distributors in order to facilitate training and product support. The position requires strong technical and management skills.
The responsibilities of the Security Systems Design & Installation Technician include, but are not limited to:
1) Works with technical support to establish a capability to demonstrate video surveillance in-house, including access to a video surveillance workstation, and access control;
2) Works with Technicians to run wire and install peripheral devices in accordance with instructions of devices;
3) Provides training for employees relative to electronic security needs;
4) Provides familiarization to Design and Estimation personnel on video surveillance and access control;
5) Supports sales personnel on sales calls with technical matters;
6) Acts as designer and estimator for video surveillance and access control systems;
7) Works with other designer/estimators to develop their video surveillance systems and access control capabilities;
8) Reviews documents such as drawings and specifications to accurately determine the scope of projects to include all materials, labor, and submittals, as necessary to determine pricing by the customer;
9) Conducts site examinations, as necessary to ensure a thorough understanding of actual site conditions/construction, as relates to the installation of telecommunications and related systems;
10) Resolves questions/issues with site point-of-contact at time of walk-thru;
11) Prepares a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW), including any exceptions/exclusions;
12) Prepares estimate spreadsheets;
13) Reviews completed spreadsheets and SOW with Sales/Sales Support Representative;
14) Installs, tests, maintains, and upgrades electronic security systems, access control devices, and CCTV systems, to include both equipment and infrastructure, and
15) Recognizes and provides immediate solutions for onsite changes in system integrations in the construction of buildings from start to closure ;
16) Programmer responsibilities to include software installation;
17) Provides follow-up support as required.
Essential skills and experience:
Minimum of 5 years industry experience in related systems such as access control, security cameras etc, with at least two years in a supervisory or crew leader role. A demonstrated knowledge of the structured voice and data cabling engineering as it relates to security product and hardware, as well as extensive experience in security/access and CCTV systems is essential. The position requires an intimate knowledge of security and associated technologies. Experience and/or certification in particular products, such as Milestone, QNAP, Mobotix, Panasonic, Sony, Vivotek, Arecont, and Axis are preferred. An in depth knowledge of current industry standards (ANSI, EIA/TIA, NEC, IEEE) as well as related Federal, State and Local standards, and industry related product lines is essential. The position requires experience in the use of a variety of telecommunications test equipment, above average computer literacy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and a strong ability and experience in the development and use of spreadsheet and word processing documents. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret project drawings and/or blueprints and strong attention to detail. Strong math, analytical, communication, interpersonal skills are also necessary. Must have computer and networking knowledge to include software installation and understanding of window servers and machines and Network Design and IP addressing.
ComDesign offers a generous salary along with a commission and full benefits. Please fax resumes with salary requirements to HR Dept. at 727-577-0700 or email them to email@example.com.
EEOE and Drug-free workplace.